Thursday, July 12, 2007

Zoho's customer service is ridiculous.


Posted by a user on a Zoho feedback forum, July 10th, 3:46am:

I have wasted hours and hours over the past two days with your awful service. Initally, it looked quite promising for a simple, single form application. After it was all set up, disaster. A simple script stopped working (it worked yesterday) and all hell broke loose. Data items couldn't be deleted or accessed. I started over with a new application. Every time I tried to put in a lookup field, the application began spitting servlet errors. I couldn't even get access to the script any longer. Everyone on the phone at support said things were running smoothly. In the end, I created and deleted THREE accounts. The service slowed to a grinding halt and eventually I couldn't even login without a 10 minutes of watching the Firefox balls go round.

If these are the service levels you are aiming at, good luck.

AWFUL.
Posted by the same user, 21 hours later:
I want to thank you very, very much for all your help. I had the whole development team call me today from India. Despite a horrible cell phone connection on my part, they patiently listened to the issues and addressed every one. I am really impressed and look forward to a "beautiful relationship" from now on.
Food for thought: seven of the first 10 results of a Google search for "Dell customer service" are complaint-related. I gripe about Dell and I've never even bought one.

What are Zoho's tactics?

I sent their support team an email with a simple question.

The next day, I received several paragraphs from a guy who repeatedly used my first name, included a personal anecdote related to my inquiry, and offered help that I didn't even ask for.

I was torn between asking him to marry me, and asking him if Zoho would grant me three wishes under the condition that I can't ask for more wishes and I won't use them for evil.

The most striking thing is that the enraged user above and I were both using one of Zoho's (numerous, shockingly good) free services.

I'm not someone who likes to tout products or services. They seem invariably linked to five-year-olds in sweatshops or shitty copyright policies.

But I'm touting Zoho. Best customer service ever. Online or off.

Dell take notice!

3 comments:

Raju Vegesna said...

Thanks you for your comments Narduar. We certainly take customer service seriously, even for the free products.

Anonymous said...

Golden Goose Shoes, Golden Goose, Canada Goose Sale, Golden Goose Sale, Golden Goose Sneakers, Golden Goose Sneakers, Golden Goose Outlet, Moncler Outlet, Valentino, Golden Goose In Sale

seesmacko said...

try this website directory you can check here see this visit this web-site Your Domain Name